Actor Richard Yap took to Twitter his dissatisfaction over a Meralco bill that he received amounting to PhP 55,652.01. According to Richard, the amount was 3x higher than their average month usage.
“A lot of people have been complaining about their @meralco bill. Instead of billing the average of 3months they have been multiplying our bill 3x. How did our bill end up this big when we’ve been paying our monthly bills?” tweeted Richard.
- Richard Yap sets to join Kadenang Ginto
- Netizens gush over Ian Veneracion and Richard Yap’s photo together in a bar
- Richard Yap shares ‘blessed experience’ of meeting Pope Francis in Vatican
On Twitter as well, Meralco replied to RIchard’s post:
“Let’s check on that, Richard. Kindly provide thru DM your Service Identification Number or Registered Name and Service Address indicated on your electric bill for our reference. We will be waiting.”
Let's check on that, Richard. Kindly provide thru DM your Service Identification Number or Registered Name and Service Address indicated on your electric bill for our reference. We will be waiting.
— MERALCO (@meralco) June 22, 2020
Netizens reacted to this reply of Meralco by tweeting the following:
– “Why not check/update your system, credit what have already been paid and issue the corrected billing statement. Its stressful seeing a 20k electric bill.”
– “Wow kapag artista may reply agad? Yun DM ko hanggang ngayon nasa ignore list nyo pa din! Sir Richard, I hope through your message it would finally gain attention from the government and other concerned agencies.”
– “Wow basta artista me sagot agad? Yung tita ko sa Makati tawag ng tawag walang sumasagot!”
– “Puro lang sila check our pm, dm us dm us. Kunwari pa kayo aayusin ang bill ng May. Tapos ginawa nyo installment? Di naman kayo nag reading! Jusko pows”
– “Nag dm na kaming lahat sa inyo di naman kau sumasagot niloloko nyo kaming lahat binabayaran namin kayo ng maayos tapos lolokohin nyo pa rin kami @meralco”
(Photo source: Instagram – @iamrichardyap)