Fans and followers of actress Liza Soberano quickly defended her after the hashtag “#BoycottLizaSoberano” trended on Twitter.
The said hashtag trended after she appeared as one of the speakers in Gabriela Youth’s webinar titled “Mga Tinig ni Nene: Reclaiming Our Voices on the International Day of the Girl Child.” The said webinar was aired through Gabriela Youth’s Facebook page.
- Liza Soberano shares she is in America due to family emergency
- Liza Soberano humbly asks for prayers and donations for his Tito JL
- Bianca Gonzalez shows support to Liza Soberano and Julia Barretto: “We stand by you”
Her appearance in the webinar earned mixed reactions from netizens to which “#BoycottLizaSoberano” trended on Twitter.
It seemed that some netizens criticized Liza because Gabriela Youth was allegedly associated with New People’s Army (NPA).
Some netizens quickly defended her as they tweeted:
– “People are actually saying #BoycottLizaSoberano without actually knowing what “boycott” means.”
– “The fact that y’all tweeting #BoycottLizaSoberano only means that men FEARS WOMEN who are educated, cultured, and hates patriarchy and sexism. How can you hate someone who is just SparklesFIGHTING FOR HER RIGHTSSparkles?”
– “#BoycottLizaSoberano Trend is a bullshit, people think that GABRIELA Youth is front of the CPP NPA, this is why misleading information spread so fast. Liza wants equality lol just think about it.”